Law and Order a family affair for St. Joseph siblings

Staff report

“In the criminal justice system, … “ Those familiar with the twenty year run of TV’s Law & Order will recognize those words at the beginning of each weekly show. They will also remember that the first half-hour of the program followed the police investigation of a crime while the second-half followed the trial of the alleged criminal.
The law & order practiced by the Hribal Brothers might not make national headlines but their work is as assiduous and significant to those who employ their services.
Greg Hribal, SJHS Class of ’92, is Communications and Information Technology Manager of the Village of Westchester. Working with the police and fire departments, Greg began his tenure with the Village of Westchester as a police dispatcher and then the supervisor of the 9-1-1 center.
“Working with the 9-1-1 facility served as the transition to my current responsibilities, which focuses on implementing the technological needs of our departments while maintaining a solid infrastructure,” Greg said.
Not surprising, Greg’s greatest on-the-job reward is his interaction with people.
“I really enjoy the teaching and training of others as we work to maximize our technology. Taking the extra time to ensure everyone is working efficiently is a major priority for me,” he added.
Randy Hribal, SJHS Class of ’86, is a self-employed attorney with the Law Offices of Randall B. Hribal with locations in Westchester and Naperville. A general practice attorney with emphases on residential real-estate closing and preparation of wills and trusts, Randy never has a typical day.
“The most rewarding and the most challenging aspects of my job are the same, that each client has different needs and issues,” Randy said. “It’s great in that my job is never routine but it’s challenging in that I often have to address unique situations.”
Randy’s day primarily consists of contact with clients, which can vary from conversations over the telephone, to consultations in his office to meetings at either closings or, when situations require, in court.
Both Hribal Brothers appreciated the guidance given by their teachers at St. Joseph High School.
“When I graduated from law school,” Randy reflected, “Mr. Pingatore gave me a list of five people to call. One told me to come in and start the following Monday. Another provided me years of good experience and guidance as I developed my own practice. And there are other teachers with whom I remain in contact, over thirty years after graduating from St. Joseph HS.”
Greg agreed with the importance of the relationships he fostered with his teachers.
“I look back at those four years with the firm belief that that the teachers and staff worked hard to make sure every student was regarded as a valuable individual,” he said. “That has helped shape the way I treated people that worked for me and with whom I work everyday.”
Randy and Greg, we are very proud of you both! Best wishes for continued success and happiness for you and your families! Go, Chargers!

• Law and Order a family affair for St. Joseph siblings

Top Stories

2018 Adopt-a-Kid another success

Top Stories

Boys’ basketball team looking for bounce back year

Top Stories

Juniors prepping for ACT Prep class

Top Stories

Chargers “think pink” to show support for breast cancer research

Top Stories

Preparing for the worst, Chargers show their best

Top Stories

Chargers’ football team lays foundation for future success

Top Stories

Chargers’ soccer season ends early, sets up promise for future

Top Stories

Seniors prepping, stressing over next step

Top Stories

Saving lives, one pint at a time

Top Stories

Homecoming week and Olympic Day huge successes