A Coloring Book for grown-ups

Joe Rodriguez, Staff writer

If you’re from Chicago, you probably have heard of the young, inspiring artist from Chicago known as Chance the Rapper. Chance the Rapper is a living testament to how great and creative of a city Chicago is. Chance has blown up incredibly fast, especially after his third mixtape, Coloring Book. His popularity has allowed him to be able to collaborate with other talented Chicago artists on his new album like Kanye West and Jeremih.

Coloring Book was released on May 12, 2016 and its powerful spiritual and uplifting vibes showed that Chance was definitely a rapper to be reckoned with. Since then, his mixtape has won the BET Hip Hop Award for Best Mixtape in 2016. The album is amazing and inspirational with a twist of Christian hip hop. It is truly one of a kind and I personally haven’t heard any similar to it.

The music that Chance produced in the mixtape is so easy to connect and relate. Not only is it relatable but, it is all real and that’s what really makes it special. He talks about the potential he has and how blessings are all around him despite the chaos and violence that infests Chicago. He also promotes Chicago through the entire album and is appreciative of what it has done for him. Chance the Rapper is just another kid from Chicago trying to make it big and so far he has all of us fellow Chicagoans proud of Lil Chano from 79th.

A Coloring Book for grown-ups