St. Joseph theater crew ready to “Psych” you out

Julee Paradee, Staff writer

This year at St. Joseph high school they are doing a play called Psych. This play is very different from any play St. Joe’s has ever done before. The main thing that is new this year in the play is that the entire play takes place in only one single room, there are no changes to the set at all.

“The main character in Edward Baxter. He is a man who has built up a false identity in order to not get caught by the police for a crime he did not commit. He loves his wife and she matters the most to him,” said Skyler Miller, a junior at St. Joseph High School.

The play is about a psychiatrist named Edward Baxter who has been framed for the murder of his patients. He has been on the run for three years. He has been lying to his wife of a few months about his identity; she is under the impression that his name is Robert Smith. His wife tells him she wants to see his office. During the play, you see as Eduard tries to get a psychiatrist actually named Robert Smith to let Edward use his office and all of the bazaar situations that unfold.

“Most of the cast are almost if not completely ready for this year’s play,” said Skyler. “Since St. Joseph is such a sports-oriented school, there aren’t many people who come to the plays just because of the simple fact that they don’t really care that much. I think that this play may have a better turnout than our last one.”

Lots of people join theater since it allows them to express themselves in a way that they cannot usually do. People who are artistic seem to enjoy acting at St. Joseph.

“I am in theater because I am a very artistic person,” said Skyler. “I’m in theater because it is a way of expressing myself without having to do much physical activity that could potentially hurt me. There are plenty of people in theater that make the hours spent preparing for the play worthwhile because of the laughs and conversations we have.”

St. Joseph’s Director is Ms. Mucho. She does everything in her power to make the play as amazing as possible every year. She is a very hardworking woman who is very appreciated at St. Joes High School. This year’s play is said to be amazing.