Senior Zarion Marshall has bright future ahead

Carlos Montero, Staff Writer

Zarion Marshall, a member of the Senior Class of 2012, has a determined future ahead of him. His main focus is to study cognitive science/neuroscience, which will allow him to start a research treatment center for neuroscience. Zarion is currently ranked number one with a cumulative GPA of 4.8 in his classes, and he will be read to give out that significant speech during graduation if all goes well.

Although not yet committed to a college, his top three choices are the University of Chicago, Northwestern, and Washington University at St. Louis. These universities appeal to him because of their academic rigor and preparation for the future.

Currently, he plays on the St. Joseph varsity basketball team and hopes to continue playing in college. He says the most challenging part about high school is balancing work, fun and sleep. When asked if he had any advice to give to the underclassmen, his response was: “Document everything you are in, and know who you are when you are answering college and scholarship applications.”

His favorite quote is “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know a day may bring” from Proverb 27:1. Zarion lives for the present and what is at hand and this is also advice he would give to anyone.