Giving back knows no season

Joe Rodriguez, Staff writer

As we all know, every Wednesday of every week we hold a mission collection for a “twinning” school that is less fortunate than we are. We have all seen the red cup being passed around in our homerooms, but we don’t really take the time to think about the difference we can make by just donating even a dollar.

All of that money goes to a school in Ethiopia known as Nazareth.

Going to a private school, we all know the importance of giving, but do we really care enough to give back? Sadly, most of the time we don’t.

With this time of year ringing that point home even more, we are mostly happy to be spending time with our family. And let’s not forget the gifts under the tree on Christmas Day.

However, with all of this to look forward to, it’s easy to lose sight of what this time of the year truly means. It’s really about family, friends and giving.

“The Mission Collection is to help teach us to share our wealth even if we don’t have much, we still try to help share our wealth with others who are less fortunate than us,” said Campus Minister Mr. Hotek, who oversees the mission collections.

With this time of the year upon us, we have to be grateful for what we are provided with and must learn to give back, as well. By even making the slightest donations, you can impact the lives of so many people. Let your generosity teach you the true meaning behind our mission collections.

Giving back knows no season