Class of 2019 beginning to get nostalgic over the past four years

Melanie Mini, Staff writer

High school is a time in your life you’ll never forget, be it for the better or for the worse. As the senior class at St. Joes looks back on our time here, we hope it’s been for the better.

Most of this year’s senior class all seem to be grateful for our time here. Through thick and thin, the senior class has always been unified like one big family. Some kids have gotten the feeling sometimes that it’s us against the world, and that feeling has sparked a comradery within our class.

The students at St. Joes have a unique connection in that we’re all here for a reason. Some kids may say they hate it to be cool, but the second they step out of those red doors they all would defend our school to their dying breath.

Senior Nick Shuflit states “I’ve had a great time here and I’m thankful for that, but I’m also looking forward to taking my next steps in life.” There’s also a sense of all being one as the senior class is trying to decide where we’ll go from here.”

We’re all excited for what’s to come, even if we don’t know exactly where we’re going yet. While the feeling that none of us know what we’re doing can be scary, there’s also still that sense of we’re all going through it together.

It’s fun to look back on how far we’ve come and how much we’ve matured. Thinking back to what our class was like as nervous freshman feels like it was more than four years ago. We’ve gained new people and all changed so much, definitely for the better.

All in all, the Class of 2019 Seniors will miss our community here, but we are still happily looking forward to the future.