St. Joe’s remembers Coach Don Krasny

Coach Krasny, (top row, last on the right) pictured with the bowling team, including Brian Powers. (top row, second from the left)

Jimmy Adams, Sports Editor

Don Krasny, the former bowling coach of the St. Joseph Men’s Bowling Team, passed away a couple of weeks ago. He was a great man that all of the bowlers respected and learned a lot from. One varsity bowler, Brian Powers, had a lot to say about him. When asked about how Coach Krasny has affected his life, Brian replied, “Coach Krasny was a very influential man in my life. He taught me many life lessons that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. He was a sort of father figure and a man I truly looked up to.”

Prior to his passing, Coach Krasny had a long battle with lung cancer. But before this, Brian had a few memories of his coach from his freshman year. “My favorite memory of coach is from my freshman year. He used to bowl with us and whenever he would throw a strike, he would do a funny dance. He always tried to keep us loose like that.”

Coach Krasny was a very inspiring man. He has encouraged everyone on the bowling team to do their best. Brian added, “One thing that coach always used to tell me was that I should ‘Do what makes me happy. In the end, that’s all that matters.’”

Although he may have physically left the St. Joseph family, Coach Krasny will always be a huge part of not only the bowling team, but of the school as a whole.