Softball team looking for strong season

Bella Fuentes, Staff writer

It’s April, which means that the St. Joseph girls’ softball team is ready to start their season! The girls have been practicing since early January, and are ready to show you their skills on the field.

Coach Andrew Winston will be taking over as the head coach, while Dawn Garcia will be assisting with practices and games. The girls are excited for a change in coaching techniques and styles, and are definitely ready to make a lasting impression on new teams this year.

Drills that the girls participate in during practice are, soft toss to work on hitting, star drills that help the girls improve the speed of their throws, and tee practice, which teaches the girls how to perfect each step of their hitting.

Starting pitcher Kayla Domio was asked about how she believes this year will turn out.

“We have a few new players on our team,” Kayla says, “I think we will do better than last year. I have confidence in my fellow team mates and in myself,” she said proudly.

And that I think we all can agree on, as the ladies managed to win against ITW David Speer Academy 23-5 earlier this week. Hopefully there are many victories yet to come.

So, let’s all cheer on our Lady Chargers this season as they show off their many talents this year.

Softball team looking for strong season