2018 NFL season has been quite a ride as stretch run approaches

Jacob Garza, Staff writer

An electric start to the NFL season a lot of people would say. Teams that are off to a surprising start like the LA Chargers, Chicago Bears, and the Huston Texas, while some teams like the Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles and the Atlanta Falcons are struggling to get wins. The highest scoring game in NFL History also happened recently between Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Cheifs and the Jared Goff and the LA Rams, while Drew Brees is also breaking records across the board. Yes, it’s been an awesome start to the season, while we all eagerly await the “playoff season.”

Especially if you live in the city of Chicago, your football team has not been showing any signs of disappointment, more like surprise. The 8-4 Chicago Bears have been showing great strides with the football, both offensively and defensively. With games left against the Rams, Packers and Vikings, the Chicago Bears are hoping for wins that will help the clinch the division, and hope for a playoff spot, for the first time since 2010.

The Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints, and the LA Rams look to be the teams to beat come playoff time. Goff and Mahoms are both putting up MVP numbers, along with good old Drew Brees, who always seems to put up a record season here and there. Houston, which started off its season 0-3, have since gone 8-0, and it’s safe to say that Dejuan Watson has hit his stride again.

Mike McCarthy, head coach of the Green Bay Packers, was fired Sunday afternoon, due to a very poor season, and a loss to 2-9 Arizona at home pretty much sealed his fate. A statement was made by McCarthy when, after not going for it on a 4th and 1 recently, he said “I did not trust my quarterback.” That will pretty much get you fired.

It’s getting down to the end of the season, and teams doing everything they can to get their way into the playoffs, and it’s going to be one heck of a finish.