2018 Red Sox rank among the sport’s all-time great teams

Jacob Garza, Staff writer

The 2018 MLB Season was one for the record books, especially for the Boston Red Sox, not only winning the World Series but setting records across the field. If you’re a baseball fan, the Red Sox were a sight to behold, winning 108 games, while they had a plus-221 run differential in the regular season, also not to mention, their amazing staff and their multiple MVP candidates, including eventual AL MVP Mookie Betts.

The Red Sox dominated the regular season, and were soon to be the favorites to win the World Series, along with the Huston Astros. The Red Sox would beat the Astros in the ALCS in five games, and then cruised their way through the World Series, taking out the LA Dodgers in just five games. When the Red Sox beat the Dodgers in Game 5, on a Manny Machado strikeout, it was their 4th World Series in the 2000s.

J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts both had a regular season OPS greater than 1.000, including in the playoffs. Jackie Bradley Jr. was captain clutch, while Steve Pearce, who rocketed 2 solo homers in game 5, ended up winning World Series MVP. Also let’s not forget David Price, he was on his postseason redemption tour.

“Off the Bench”, a podcast show hosted by Danny Kanell, guest Davis Samson, former Marlins player joined on his show and talked about the 2018 Boston Red Sox. “The 2018 Red Soxs remind me of a 1988 New York Yankees, and the 1975 Reds, they were just that good and dominant”, said Samson.

The 2018 season was a historic one, for those crazy baseball fans out there. The 2019 Season should bring more excitement, and possibly more record setting feats.